Dalbeattie Mountain Bike Trails http://www.ibikeride.com/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/280x280s/c8/10/69/1059166-Dalbeattie-The-Heart-Stane-85-1357833877.jpg
The Dalbeattie mountain bike trails are in Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland and are part of the 7Stanes network which is made up of seven trails. At Dalbeattie there are three trails:
- A Red with black sections
- A Blue
- A Green
Dalbeattie is infamous for it's rock and granite slabs. It isn't famous for height but it is more than thrilling riding the stone.
Ironnhash Green Trail
- 11.5km of predominately easy forest road riding with a little singletrack to give a taste to mountain biking.
Moyle hill Blue Trail
- 14km with more climbing. It steps it up a gear and gives a good introduction to the Dalbeattie rock.
Hardrock Red Trail (with Black sections)
- 25km Rougher and rockier surface for technical riding. Over 65% singletrack. The granite is all weather and of course ensures the trail has endearing resilience to erosion. Holds well in the wet. Classic singletrack with gnarly short rock descents and numerous slabs to ride. Black sections known throughout the mtb community as "The Slab" with it's steep angle, the Terrible Twins" and the "Volunteer ridge"
Closest Bike Shop
- MPG Cycles, Dalbeattie
If you have ridden any of these mountain bike trails at Dalbeattie 7 Stanes then why not write a short review and share your experiences with us?
- Photo credit 7 Stanes
- As mentioned Dalbeattie is one of the 7stanes i.e. it is one of seven mountain biking centres in south Scotland running from the Scottish Borders to Dumfries and Galloway. They include: