Golspie Wildcat Mountain Bike Trails http://photos.ibikeride.com/thumbnail/280x280s/4a/16/29/1426_anthony-round-golspie-wildcat-1355409788.jpg Hot
Golspie Wildcat mountain bike trails are in Golspie in Sutherland in the Scottish Highlands. They feature a black, red and a blue run. Recently we have featured a few of these trails up in the Highlands like Balblair and Carbisdale and they all seem quite awesome and pretty unique. Golspie Wildcat is no exception and is most famed for featuring the longest descent in the UK from the summit of Ben Bhraggie (1300' to sea-level) - and therefore the longest technical single track climb up.
- The black run is 13.8 km long and requires a high level of fitness. It's basically one very long up and then one very brilliant and very long down. On the way up the challenge is to climb the Lactic Ladder of rocks and step ups without putting your foot down, then after reaching the monument you have the longest downhill in the UK. The trail is pretty much all year weather resistant and the down has rocky descents with jumps and big step offs, then onto the red section with sweeping berms and jumps.
- The red mountain bike trail is 6.7 km long and has plenty of challenging features and can be ridden as the beginning and end of the black run or on it’s own using the Red Lynx link. It’s a ride full of sweeping bermed single track, jumps and natural obstacles.
- The 6.6 km blue run is a non technical mountain bike trail but does contain a fair amount of pedaling so it is advisable to take on with a good level of fitness. It features sweeping wooded single track with natural features.
Closest Bike Shop
- None we could find
- Not being a trail centre there are none to speak of. The good news is the trails start from the village itself which has cafes, toilets, accommodation and a local train station.
- Big thanks to local rider Anthony Round @AnthonyRound for donating the Vid and lead image.
- If you have already or do get to ride this trail at Golspie Wildcat then please share your experiences with us by writing a short review or posting your pictures of videos in the Community section.
Average user rating from: 2 user(s)
|Grin Factor||4.8 (2)|
|Trail Variety||4.0 (2)|
|Skills Development||5.0 (2)|
|Trail Quality||4.3 (2)|
A very long way from Edinburgh but well worth it. Rough on a hardtail and you are guaranteed to get arm-pump but you are also guaranteed to have a smile on your face!
Brutal climb rewarded with great descents
Great freeride style trail to round off the route
Last updated: December 11, 2012
Top 50 Reviewer - View all my reviews (2)
Longest descent in the UK. Lots of fire road on climb, some technical sections, sweetest descent ever, generally offering black options on same side of main obstacles