Woburn Bike Trails (permit required)and Woburn Bike Park are a popular MTB destination by Aspley Heath on the Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire border.
Woburn Bike Trails (XC)
- Within Aspley Woods there are a small number of public rights of way including 4 bridleways along which it is permitted to ride horses or to cycle. Additionally, cyclists can purchase a cycling permit which gives permissive access to additional areas/trails to cycle and to the Bike Park jump area. As important is where not to ride which includes Wavendon Heath Ponds, Danesborough Camp Hill Fort and all public footpaths etc.
- The Longslade Trail is their first circular bike-priority cycling/mountain biking route. The route when complete will have over 10 km of flowing mountain bike trails that offer a mix of existing long-established trails plus some brand new sections melding to provide an exciting and often challenging experience for mountain bikers. Not for the faint hearted and Graded RED, the Longslade Trail favours those with intermediate or advanced mountain biking skills who wish to tackle tricky exposed-root sections, flowing berms and corners, short but stiff climbs and the odd (rollable) drop-off. You can join the Longslade Trail from any of the main three carparks shown here.
- Currently, only the Short Route of this trail is now open (see map in media section). This route excludes the Peacock’s Pass section which is not yet completed. The Longslade Trail starts close to the Sandy Lane/Church Road car park in Woburn Sands.
Woburn Bike Park
- Re-opened on 19th July 2014 the only areas you can ride are theTransfer Line, Hip Line, M7, Skyline and the DT Line. No other lines can be ridden. Please don't do anything daft to jeopardise the future plans.
- In July 2017 a new line opened (check video section)
- These folk have their own Facebook page and best to follow them and check out the website again to see the progress.
Groups and Clubs
- If you have ridden the MTB trails here at Woburn Bike Park or Woburn Bike Trails then please share your experiences and add reviews, pictures and videos to the listing.