Philips Park MTB trails are also known as Prestwich trails and are based in Greater Manchester.
There are two short Red loops in Philips Park that also connect onto a neighbouring short Blue trail in Waterdale.
Philips Park (Red)
- The Red trail is 3.5 km long, starts at the car park, has sweeping berms, lots of jumps, table tops, tricky ascents and descents. It is basically two loops in a figure of eight. The North Wood loop is ridden in an anti-clockwise direction and the South Wood loop is ridden in a clockwise direction.
- A 3km Blue graded purpose built singletrack in a flowing woodland area suitable for beginners and novices. There is a link from the Philips Park trail connecting it to Waterdale.
- Trail Map.
- The £100,000 project is funded through a woodland improvement grant from the Forestry Commission.
- It was built purposely to link to the one built previously by the Forestry Commission on the adjacent Waterdale site as well as connect to a wider network of trails in the Irwell Valley.
- Philips Park is one of the largest parks in Greater Manchester.
Clubs and Groups
Nearest A&E hospital facilities
- Fairfield Hospital, Rochdale Old Road, Bury Phone: 0161 764 6081, North Manchester General Hospital, Delaunays Road, Crumpsall Phone: 0161 795 4567. In case of emergency call 999.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails at Philips Park then please share your experiences and post you reviews, pictures and videos to the listing.