Wind Hill B1KEPARK is based on the Longleat Estate in Wiltshire. It can be found in a compartment of woodland (from which the site takes its name) previously known as the Allotment and the Black Cannon trails.
It went through a major revamp in 2016 and re-opened as Wind Hill B1KE Bike Park on 7th April 2017. In June 2017 they opened a new red trail called Empuru.
It is a progressive bike park catering for all levels of riders offering a variety of trails ranging from flowing blue grade to extreme freeride and downhill.
- Top to bottom trails - currently many of the trails fade out towards the lower half of the site while others start part way down the hill. A start ramp is at the highest point of the site and new corridors cut so that all the trails can be ridden from a single start point. All trails have been extended to maximise the length of runs and feed to a designated push up.
The Pro Line
- From the proposed start ramp through to the iconic step up there are added features that include a step up to whale tail to step down or ladder drop. From the step-up, this trail continues on down the hill through a sizeable step-down and on to a series of features to test the best.
Extending the Expert line
- Where the trail currently runs to a road gap which fades to not a lot, the extension now takes riders across the hill through a series of Chris Smith designed features aimed to push the boundaries of expert riders. Something for the pro/expert riders out there to enjoy and for us mere mortals to aspire to / dream about.
The Downhill trails
- There are three existing trails that have been brought back to their best. The aim has been to retain the natural technicality of the trails whilst ensuring the hold up to both the weather and the increased use. Roots and natural features remain but whilst adding some additional features and additional length to all. Once they are working to their full potential we have identified further corridors that can be developed. The aim is that all should be 1 minute+ descents and worthy of hosting races and events. Whether you are a racer in training or a trail rider looking to develop your skills there will be trails for you.
- Although we all aspire to hit the big stuff until we are ready everyone (even the very best riders) enjoys a flowing feature packed (yet rollable) trail. The new Flow Line is the longest trail on the hill and offers tables, rollers doubles and drops. The aim is to create a trail that can be ridden by a wide range of riders and a create a trail that you will get more and more out of as your skill and confidence rises.
- The Empuru red trail opened in June 2017 and offers something to progress to after the blue. it has big deep berms, scrub bumps, rollers, step ups and tabletops.
- Often overlooked by many parks and venues a dual line adds an extra dimension to any venue. Providing an opportunity to go elbow to elbow with your riding friends or make line choices if you are riding alone, the Dual Line makes use of a so far untracked section of the woods.
- This line provides supersize features for pro riders to showcase their full repertoire of moves.
Progressive training zone
- Offering riders progressive features to develop and skills
- The site is pay-to-ride, either through joining B1KE as a free-2-ride member and buying a day pass or by buying an annual Full B1KEPARK membership which will cover you to ride at no extra cost at any of the pay to ride sites.
- If you are under 14 you will need to b accompanied by an adult responsible for you.
- The push up is estimated at around 8.5 minutes.
- Please do NOT try to enter via the main Longleat Park entrance, our car park is clearly marked a further 200 metres down the road, please park as close as possible to each other in the car park. google map users search for "Windhill Bikepark car park" here is a link too- Windhill Bikepark car park, Unnamed Road, Warminster BA12 https://goo.gl/maps/qjDdB8WiPzx
- If you have ridden the Wind Hill Bike Park then please add your reviews, pictures and videos to the listing.