Wind Hill B1KEPARK is based on the Longleat Estate in Wiltshire. It can be found in a compartment of woodland (from which the site takes its name) previously known as the Allotment and the Black Cannon trails.
It went through a major revamp in 2016 and re-opened as Wind Hill B1KE Bike Park on 7th April 2017. In June 2017 they opened a new red trail called Empuru.
It is a progressive bike park catering for all levels of riders offering a variety of trails ranging from flowing blue grade to extreme pro freeride and downhill.
A start ramp is at the highest point and all the trails can be ridden from a single start point. All trails feed to a designated push up.
- Redefining what a blue trail should be this trail heads off from the start ramp and feeds a number of others. A kilometre of flowing fun with rollers, tables and berms provides the very best start to a day at the park. Although the whole trail can be rolled there is plenty of air for those that like it. Popular with everyone from Pro’s to first timers Blutopia is high in grin factor from top to bottom
Ark at EE
- First left first left off Blutopia leads to Ark at EE, a three lozenge Black trail. Incorporating one of the original but revamped lines ,’143’, Ark at EE combines natural technical lines And leads to sizeable well-crafted jumps. Splitting at the halfway point to provide intermediate and advanced options Ark at EE is a firm favourite with the park’s regulars.
- 2nd left off Blutopia just after the rollers and table, steep and technical top sections link to a fast and furious Lower half. Full on DH fun
Feed ‘em to the Lions
- Breaking off Blutopia (3rd left) the steep and technical catch berms at the top provide an alpinesque challenge, through these to a drifty loamy corner and on to a split in the trail offering a choice of big step down or winding descent that re-emerge before a road gap lead to the final, fast section
- Empuru, aka the #lolocoaster is a red grade jump trail opened in June 2017 and is a game-changing jump line that offers 13 big tables, step up and down, scrub rollers and crazy fast berms packed into Just shy of 1km. Empuru hugely popular and offers the opportunity to progress your skills with dual sided jumps giving riders a medium or big option.
Viagra Falls - The Pro Line
- Heading off the other side of the start ramp, Viagra Falls is the park‘s Pro line designed to test the best. 14 sizable but trackable features have earned the praise of some of the world’s best riders. Big drops, huge hips and doubles provide the UK’s ultimate showground to showcase your skills.
Pass the Dutchie
- An enhanced reworking of the legacy trail previously known as BBMS, don’t overlook this timeless classic. A more traditional trail with roots, rocks, steps and camber. Line choices galore this trail is great for working your ‘wheels on the ground‘, DH and trail skills.
- Headed up by the Godfather of UK Freeride, Chris Smith our team of qualified instructors offer skills development for riders of all levels. Get in touch for more information
- The site is pay-to-ride, either through joining B1KE as a free-2-ride member and buying a day pass or by buying an annual Full B1KEPARK membership which will cover you to ride at no extra cost at any of the pay to ride sites
- If you are under 14 you will need to be accompanied by an adult responsible for you
- The push up is estimated at around 8.5 minutes
- Hot & cold drinks and snacks are available at the start hut. Store your bags or warm up beside the log burner between winter runs
- Please do NOT try to enter via the main Longleat Park entrance, our car park is clearly marked a further 200 metres down the road, please park as close as possible to each other in the car park. google map users search for "Windhill Bikepark car park" here is a link too- Windhill Bikepark car park, Unnamed Road, Warminster BA12 https://goo.gl/maps/qjDdB8WiPzx
Planned for 2018
- We’ve still got loads up our sleeves for the future including:
- Providing an opportunity to go elbow to elbow with your riding friends or make line choices if you are riding alone, the Dual Line will make use of a so far untracked section of the woods
Progressive training zone
- Although we have so many sections and features to session with specific skills we are planning a dedicated skills development zone Offering riders progressive features to develop and skills away from other riders
- If you have ridden the Wind Hill B1kepark then please add your reviews, pictures and videos to the listing