Gnarly steep and fun
(Updated: December 28, 2016)
Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

Had an awesome ride at Devils Punch Bowl today. Lots of fun descents that are gnarly, can get quite steep, the occasional (breath holding) shute down on top also. There is a massive expanse of trails with a myriad of options. It can get quite technical and the ups can be steep. I did quite a lot of pushing up but was worth it for the gnarly descents. Natural feel but a few carved sections and a really neat downhill area.

I rode some of my best technical riding here in many years and it pushed my game forward so I will be making this a regular. Go with a mate or a gps. Otherwise will be hard to navigate.

User Review

Good Points
- lots of variety
- steeps gnarly rooty sections
- neat dh runs too
Bad Points
- go early in the day as car park can get quite busy
- as you park at the top the final leg is a long climb up (very worth it).
Would you recommend?
Yes
S
#1 Reviewer 89 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 4 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
Already have an account?
December 18, 2017
Dan, what's it like in Winter? Does it drain well? I might pop over from Horsham on Thursday 21 Dec 2017. Is it worth it? James
J
jimbo13
December 20, 2017
Dan, Do you have a Strava link to your rides on the downhill trails? If so can I 'follow' you so I can find them, assuming the trail 'Activity Feeds' are still saved on your Strava? As you state, it might be difficult otherwise. James
J
jimbo13
December 20, 2017
In reply to an earlier comment

here you go https://www.ibikeride.com/gps-routes/viewtrack/251-devils-punch-bowl-ride-hindhead
S
stumpy_dan
3 results - showing 1 - 3