Review Detail

England 16986
Great trails and a great cafe too
Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

There are trails for different abilities. I have used all the trails and they are well maintained and fun for all. I like it how you can do some sections of one (for example do a few bits the blue which is more advanced and some of the yellow which is easier) but mix it up with another. I also like how it is family friendly.

The Cycle Hire is reasonably priced and I have used it a couple of times, but to be honest I usually take my own bike. The price includes your helmet too and the staff always help you if you need anything adjusting like the seat. There's a shop too if you've forgotten any bits and bobs for your bike! I think you can even buy bikes there now too.

The best things about Hicks Lodge other than the trails are the scenery and the facilities. The lake is beautiful to cycle round and I have also walked round a few times with the dog or just with my pushchair. The cafe has some really yummy cakes and coffees! The lunch is good too. I find the staff friendly and helpful, which is always a must in my eyes. There is also a child's play area which is free to use. The toilets are always clean and everywhere is well maintained. Very family friendly.

User Review

Good Points
Variety of trails

Family friendly (play area which is free to use and family trail)

Nice Cafe (awesome cakes!)

Toilets always clean

Bad Points
None that I have experienced.
Would you recommend?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account?