Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

User Review

Good Points
Impressive use of space available with quality of trail taking president over length. Very little elevation to play with but what is available has been used well. Wide variety of single track conditions and features to contend with. Has a shorter blue route and a red route of around 2.4 miles. All obstructions/technical sections can be ridden around if you don't feel like tackling them. I regularly take my 9 year old around there and he can do all of the red route. He also enjoys playing on the jumps off the main trail. There are bridges, berms, north shore type woodwork, small drops, log steps, rock steps both up and down, a small drop off some small jumps and rock spines both up and downhill. The trail has a great mix of open wide fast open sections and tight twisty and technical in dense trees. The trail is continuously maintained by MB Swindon and it is ever evolving with plans for larger woodwork section and other skills challenges on the way. Over time the club have made the trail ride able year round in any weather. There are normally club members around and they are friendly and helpful, there are regular club rides there with a social ride on a friday night. The trail is also close to other small copses with options to get to the Ridgeway if more distance is required. Personally i find that one lap is never enough i always want more as i will always make a mistake somewhere, and i also find the faster you tackle the course the more rewarding it is to ride as the difficulty increases with the speed.
Bad Points
No facilities linked to the trail other than free car parking and a small picnic area, but you are close to shops and pubs and only a few miles from the center of town.
Would you recommend?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?