Grizedale Forest Park is in the Lake District. The mountain biking on offer combines the red and a black from the trail centre as well as a great selection of bridleway and natural routes crisscrossing the area.
There is also a number of family focussed forest road rides in the centre itself.
There are good facilities including a cafe, shop and a bike wash.
The North Face (Red)
- The North Face mountain bike trail is 10 miles (16km) long and is graded red. It starts from the visitors centre and has nine sections of singletrack trail on the west side of Grizedale Forest. It has rocks sections, tough climbs, technical descents, slabs, berms, drop offs, rocks and shore as well as loads of singletrack.
- The optional black section has only been around since early 2012 and is a 1km purpose built downhill trail. It has a smooth ride with tight corners, berms, drop offs, tabletops and some rocky sections.
Bridleways and Natural Trails
- Grizedale has a fantastic network of bridleways. There are technical climbs, flowing and rocky downhills. Some examples below:
- Grizedale - Parkamoor mountain bike route is a GPS route graded Hard / Difficult. The MTB route is 17.1 miles of great rocky riding starting from the Grizedale Vistors Centre. It begins on the man-made mountain bike trails of The North Face Trail, before heading along the fells above Coniston Water for the fantastic Parkamoor descent into High Nibthwaite. Although this descent is the highlight the ones that follow don't disappoint and there's a real rock fest to finish. Get the GPS and details here.
- Another one to recommend is the Parkamoor and the Three Witches ride from Velo Bikes (for intermediate level riders).
- Pop into the local shop to get some advice.
- There are miles of forest trails throughout the forest which makes them the perfect family riding. Check out the PDF trail map on the listing.
Share and Review
- If you have already or do get to ride these mountain bike trails at Grizedale Forest and the surrounding area then why not share your experiences with us and post some pictures, videos or a short review to the listing.