Hopton Woods mountain bike base is based in Hopton Wood, near Castle Hopton in Shropshire in England.
There is a short warm-up loop, a 4km blue, a 12.6km red trail and a set of three downhill trails (with an established Downhill community).
There are limited facilities so please come prepared.
- The Warm up Loop at Hopton is a short 1km run of moderate ability. You can also use it to extend the distance of the main route.
Hopton Blue (Blue Grade)
- The Hopton Blue moderate trail is for beginner riders with some off road experience. It starts from the Bedstone Hill car park and offers around 4km of wide tracks to develop your skills. You can add the warm up loop onto this also to increase the distance.
Pearce XC Trail (Red Trail)
- The Pearce XC red trail is 18km and recently re-opened after a 3-year break. It's classified as a difficult trail so it is suitable for proficient mountain bikers with good off-road skills. The sweeping descents, challenging climbs and rocky, rooty downhill sections have had a significant refurb recently.
- There are three downhill trails here for the experienced downhill rider.
Nearest Bike Shop
- http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/home in Ludlow. As well as being pivotal to the trail development they also run uplift days and downhill events in the local area.
Groups and Clubs
- Try the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ourlocalwoods
- The refurbished red was driven by Dave Pearce of Pearce Cycles working with the Forestry Commission.This trail has been built in partnership with Pearce Cycles of Ludlow.
- The trail was made possible with the Forestry Commission working with the local community.
- If you have ridden the trails here at Hopton Woods then please share your experience and write a short review. Big thanks.