Sherwood Pines Mountain Bike Centre is in Sherwood Pines Forest Park in Nottinghamshire.
They have a flowing and twisty 13km red graded MTB trail called The Kitchener Trail as well as Blue and Green graded trails, a Bike Park with Dirt Jumps, Downhill runs and a pump track.
Sherwood Pines also has miles of natural singletrack on offer.
Family Cycle Route (Green)
- The Family Cycle route covers a 5 km loop that starts at the Visitors Centre and loops through the forest on the extensive all-weather network.
Adventure Cycle Trail (Blue)
- The Adventure Cycle Trail is just under 10km. It is moderately graded at Blue. It is suitable for families and beginners and is constructed from an all-weather limestone surface which is rideable year round.
The Kitchener Trail (Red)
- The 13km Kitchener Trail is graded Red. It is quite flat but great for corners and surprisingly very flowing. It's has a wooded and rooty feel to it and a great trail to take on once comfortable with Blue graded trails.
Bike Park (Orange)
- The dirt jump zone has a series of graded dirt jumps and a warm up run. There are progressive lines of tabletops for the beginner to the advanced Dirt jumper.
- There are a fIve short Downhill tracks with some fun drops and jumps (The Shore has recently been removed but further development for the runs is planned).
- Sherwood Pines also has a progressive pump track full of rollers, jumps and berms
- There are over 72km of natural trail riding and singletrack in the Forest covering all levels of riding. There is a lot of technical offroad trails for the more advanced cyclist.
Clubs and Groups
- Sherwood Pines Cycling Club (one of the main clubs in the area)
- If you have ridden any of these MTB trails at Sherwood Pines then please come share and write a short review or add a picture or a video to the listing.
- Also, why not check out the iBikeRide Index of the Top UK Trails to see where Sherwood Pines is ranked. You might be surprised!