Stainburn mountain bike trails are in the west of Stainburn Forest on the edge of Nidderdale, close to Harrogate and Otley in North Yorkshire.
Stainburn has two short reds. The Black is shut (as at Feb 2018) and will be for some time as it is having a complete rehaul. There is also the Norwood Edge natural trails.
These MTB trails may be short but they were designed to be ridden more than once, given the technical nature of Stainburn. They are all cared for and managed by the SingletrAction volunteer group.
- The Red graded trail is a 2 km single-track loop. It is full of rocky boulders and berms and on the return leg there is a log ride and selection of skinnies to test your balance.
The Descent Line (Red)
- The Descent Line is a 1 km Red graded trail. This has a great descent, drops, a mixture of flat and bermed corners and a big rock that you can roll down.
Warren Boulder Trail (Black) - CLOSED for Renovation and Rebuild - as at February 2018
- The Warren Boulder trail is a 4km long graded Black track. It has narrow single-track, a Slab early on (a bit if a qualifier) and steep climbs and descents. It is very rocky in places (the name gives it away really), is littered with technical obstacles and also dotted with some technical north shore. I've heard folk referring to it as addictive, technical and tough. Some of the famed sections are The Slab, Hovis Corner, Cascade and The Coal Chute.
- The new Pump Track started construction in Jan 2017
The Norwood Edge Trails
- The Norwood Edge trails are natural XC trails and the main trail is meant to be ridden clockwise. To get to them you cross the road from the car park, through the gate and turn left (following the yellow marks)
MTB Groups and Clubs
- SingletrAction Stainburn Trail Crew Facebook Group. SingletrAction Volunteer Mountain Bike Trailbuildersworking with the Forestry Commission make this all happen. Please don't do any unofficial trail building. Also, join these folk and support them as your membership fee goes straight back into trails
- If you have ridden any of these MTB trails at Stainburn then please share your pictures, videos and reviews