Thetford forest is on the border of Norfolk and Suffolk and offers a range of mountain bike trails from Green, Blue and Red as well as a pump track.
It also has a pretty well kitted out bike shop (Bike Art) which does cycle hire as well as a Visitors Centre with a cafe.
In May 2016 they added a bunch of new sections to the existing trail network i.e The start of the Shepherd Trail, as well as the central section of the Lime Burner. In March 2017 the new pump track opened.
Lime Burner Trail (Red)
- The Lime Burner is a 16km Red graded trail. The tracks are broken up every few miles by a number of ditch like bomb holes with short descents and exits. The first one has both a number of entry and exit lines including rooty drops and one with a fast shoot exit that propels you out into the air with a forgiving sandpit like finish. The technical challenge is left till near the end when you enter the Beast section packed with winding rooty dips alternating corners and berms in a flowing style. There are also some neat new rock sections added in Nov 2015 and a central section in May 2016.
Beater Trail (Blue)
- The Blue graded Beater Trail is a 18km trail that is mainly single-track winding between the trees.
Poacher Trail (Blue)
- The Poacher Trail is a moderate graded Blue 16km trail. The Poacher Trail is located in Brandon Country Park. This loop can be linked with the High Lodge Shepherd Trail to lengthen the trails.
Shepherd Trail (Green)
- The Shepherd trail is an 8km Green graded for families and beginners
- A small pump track for progressive skill development.
- Red trails are not suitable / recommended for children under the age of 12
- You can download the trail map here
Clubs and Groups
- If you have ridden the MTB trails here at Thetford Forest then why not share your experience and write a review, post pictures or videos to the listing