Tignes-Val d’Isère Bikepark is packed full of mountain biking trails that are great for downhill, XC and freeride. There are 3 green, 11 blue, 7 red and 4 black MTB trails as well as a bike park. It is based in the Tignes Val d’Isère mountain biking region in the French Alps.
It's well served by chair lifts which are both modern and free to use. It has one of the longer transits from the nearest airport which is Grenoble (2.5 hours away).
- Tignes is a high altitude MTB resorts (2700 metre summit) and soIt can feel a bit barren. The terrain is rocky and the trails are fast. In total there are 102 km of trails to choose from across all MTB disciplines.
- There is a good choice of green, blue, red and black trails (see below..There is also an air bag and water jump.
Tignes Bike Park
- Easy Ride - Green 5.5 km trail. 460 metre vertical decent.
- Smoothie - Green 4.5 km trail.
- Kangooride - Blue 1.3 km trail. 595 metre vertical descent.
- Gunpowder - Blue 4.5 km trail. 500m metre Vertical descent.
- Funky Tufs - Blue 3.2 km trail. 500 metres of vertical descent.
- Jump Around - Blue 3.4 km descent. 460 metres of vertical descent.
- Tart a Lognan - Blue 2 km trail. 300 meters of vertical descent.
- Sweet Sweet - Blue / Red 3 km descent. 500 metres of vertical descent.
- Borsat Attack - Blue / Red 2.7 km trail. 300 metres of vertical descent.
- Tarentaise Airline - Blue / Red 3km trail. 500 metres of vertical descent.
- Gypsy - Red (black options known as Black Metal) 2.8 km trail. 500 metres of vertical descent.
- Fresse Tagada - Red 0.5 km trail with 150 metres of descent.
- Red Hot - Red 2 km trail. 365 metres of descent.
- Moustache Black 1 km trail with 250 metres of descent. Connects up with the Gypsy / Black Metal runs.
- Black Metal - Black 1km trail with 250 metres of descent.
- Kamasutrail - Black 1.8km trail with 340 metres of vertical descent (freeride). Leads on to the Black Metal trail.
Vald'lsere Bike park
- Both Tignes and Vald'lsere Bike parks are right next door and feel very closely connected. Here you have the La Val Bleue 15 km blue trail and the Rhododendron red trail.
- Lifts are open generally open end of June to the end of August.
- If you have ridden any of the MTB trails in the Tignes-Val d’Isère Bikeparks then please share you experiences and add some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.