Finish the year with us on our centre based XC mountain biking week in Andalucia. Enjoy riding in the winter sun of southern Spain through the unspoilt surroundings of the region’s Natural Parks - dramatic, peaceful, remote, unpopulated and stunningly beautiful.
This intermediate week aims to show off the best of the natural trails in the Serrania de Ronda. Our British Cycling guides will take you on an exploration into the diverse landscapes, mountains and river valleys of the area; every day of riding will be very different in terms of trails, terrain and scenery. Intermediate level will require a reasonable amount of fitness on the bikes, along with a competency in bike handling skills in sometimes technical terrain.This week is ideal for mountain bikers who enjoy XC riding on natural trails in areas of outstanding natural beauty and want to improve their skills over the duration of a week.
New Year MTB Holiday 2017 / 18
Intermediate Level Cross Country (XC), Andalucia
See in the New Year on a fabulous guided MTB holiday in the mountains of southern Spain
27 December 2017 – 3 January 2018
Intermediate level guided cross country mountain biking on superb natural trails in the Serrania de Ronda and unspoilt Natural Parks of western Andalucia. Fabulous mountain scenery, remote mtb trail riding, traditional white villages and hilltop towns - great local cuisine! - and the best weather in Europe for winter mountain biking. Join us to explore the diverse local landscapes - mountains, river valleys, forests and lakes - on local mountain trails, isolated farm tracks and natural single track. Our British Cycling qualified guides will take you into this largely undiscovered natural landscape and help hone your MTB skills along the way.
You will be based close to the historic town of Ronda in a boutique countryside hotel, the "Molino del Puente". The building is a beautifully restored olive mill, full of character and comfort, and you will dine each night in the hotel's excellent restaurant. As you will be based there throughout the week and not moving on every day, you can unpack fully and not worry about re-packing dirty cycling gear each day. Standard accommodation is for 2 people in a double or twin room. Solo travellers get a room of their own. In your free time you can visit the town of Ronda, perched upon a cliff-top above a 120m gorge, spanned by the famous stone bridge, "Puente Nuevo". Visit the oldest bullring in Spain; explore the tapas bars and historical sights.
Highlights of this New Year MTB holiday include:
- Dramatic scenery, peaceful and remote trails, stunningly beautiful region of southern Spain
- Varied mountain biking terrain - singletrack, undulating valley trails, high mountain passes, technical sections and thrilling descents
- British Cycling guides based in Ronda with unrivalled knowledge of the area and the best trails; on-the-trail skills development to help improve your ability and confidence on the bike
- New Year's Eve dinner and party
- Best weather in Europe at this time of year
Difficulty level - Intermediate
Intermediate level mountain biking will require a reasonable amount of fitness on the bikes, along with a competency in bike handling skills on sometimes technical trails. It's not highly technical with jumps or drop offs but the natural terrain means that you should be happy tackling all sorts of different surfaces with some good climbs and descents every day.
This week is ideal for mountain bikers who enjoy XC riding on natural trails in areas of outstanding natural beauty and want to improve their skills over the duration of a week.
€1160 per person (incl bike hire*) based on 2 people sharing. Single Occupancy €1475. This trip will be limited to a small group to ensure a flexible, personal and very enjoyable holiday. * HIre of one of our quality "Orbea Alma" 29" wheel hardtail mtbs is included in your holiday price.
- 7 nights' full board accommodation in boutique country hotel - Molino del Puente - breakfast and dinner in the hotel, lunch on the trail
- 5 days guided mtb riding
- Registered English guides, qualified by British Cycling
- Hire of quality hardtail 29er mtb
- Vehicle support throughout the week
- New Years’ Eve dinner and party
- Flight transfers to Malaga airport* at the start and end of your holiday
* All airport transfers are from Malaga airport at a pre-arranged time – please contact us before booking your flights to confirm timings
|Dec 27||Malaga airport transfer||n/a||n/a|
|Dec 28||Grazalema Natural Park Grand Tour||41km||718m|
|Dec 29||El Burgo Double Descent||43km||1228m|
|Dec 30||Ruta de los Bandoleros||46km||886m|
|Dec 31||Mountains to the Mediterranean||39km||723m|
|Jan 1||New Years’ Day – Rest Day||n/a||n/a|
|Jan 2||Rio Guadiaro XL||44km||762m|
|Jan 3||Malaga airport transfer||n/a||n/a|