Barnett Demesne Trail and Dirt Jump Track are based on the outskirts of Belfast in Northern Ireland. There are a 3.4km green trail and a 3.9km blue trail with 3 red loop options (1.5km). To crown it there is a jump track with 6 progressive lines.
Being only a short cycle from Belfast City centre Barnett Demesne is the first Urban Trail Centre and Dirt Jump Park in Northern Ireland. It opened its doors in April 2013.
- The Barnett Demesne Jump Track has 6 progressive lines with table-tops, doubles and hip jumps. The jump park uses the orange dot grading system to grade the technical difficulty of each line.
Blue Trail (with Red options)
- The 3.9 km blue mountain bike trail has flowing singletrack in a scenic setting.
- There are three additional and optional red sections (of around 1.5 km in total) to step up the technical challenge with North Shore, log rides, berms, rock gardens, rollers and drops.
- The Green Trail is a 3.4km linear route. It is shared access so watch out for walkers also.
- Great for families and you can pick it up from the trailhead and Shaw’s Bridge Car Park.
- The trails start from the Mary Peters Athletics Track in South Belfast.
- There is a fresh water tap on site which is handy for refilling.
- The car park is open Mon - Thurs: 9.30am to 9 pm, Fri: 9.30am to 5 pm and Sat/Sun; 10 am to 5 pm
- If you are the trail owner or part of the trail community and wish to manage and keep the listing updated then please click the "Claim this Listing" button above.
- Check out our Northern Ireland Mountain Bike Trails section for other great NI trails.
If you have ridden the mountain bike trails or dirt jump tracks at Barnett Demesne then why not share your experiences with us and post some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.