Rostrevor Mountain Bike Centre is just outside Rostrevor Village on the shores of Carlingford Lough in Northern Ireland.
These trails are approximately 74km from Belfast and 120km from Dublin. The MTB trails at Rostrevor consist of a 27km red trail, a 19km black graded MTB trail and two downhill trails.
- The red graded MTB trail is 27km long. It is flowing singletrack with fun twisty descents.
- The black graded MTB trail is 27km long and goes the same way as the red to the top of Slievemartin and then splits off at the forest.
- Expect technical singletrack that is quite rocky in places, strewn with boulders and with some neat Northshore thrown in for good measure.
Mega Mission Downhill Track
- The Mega Mission is a 1.8km Downhill trail. Expect a fast flowing descent with jumps galore and big berms.
On The Pulse Downhill Track
- The On The Pulse is a 1.3km Downhill trail. It's tight, twisty, rocky, full of slabs and rock steps. It is very technical, gnarly with large boulders, drop off's and gap jumps.
- In the summer of 2017, Mourne Heritage Trust in partnership with Davidson Trails completed upgrade works on the bottom section of the On the Pulse downhill trail. This work improved the overall flow of the trail, added in a number of new drops, two new jumps and added two new sections of trail with a more natural feel to them. This section was used for the Irish Downhill Mountain Bike Series (22nd - 23rd July).
- East Coast Adventure are the official providers of the uplift and bike hire service.
- Check out the Rostrevor Facebook Group
- The trailhead is on the Shore Road between Rostrevor and Kilkeel. And half a mile outside Rostrevor village; signposted Rostrevor Forest/Kilbroney Park. BT34 3AA. Translink operates a regular Goldline Service 238 from Belfast (Europa Buscentre) to Newry 7 days a week. This service can accommodate 2 full sized bicycles in the luggage compartment free of charge. Passengers are encouraged to book with Translink on +44(0)28 9066 6630 before travelling. From Newry, jump on the bikes and head towards Warrenpoint taking care on the A2 which can be busy. Kilbroney Forest Park is approximately 10 miles from Newry.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails at Rostrevor then why not share your experiences with us and post some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.