The Abriachan / Kelpies mountain bike trails are set high up in the highlands of Scotland above from the shores of Loch Ness.
This is a family friendly mountain bike trail centre with three trails:
- A green 3km route
- A 7km blue route
- A 4km red run
- A jump park
- The green trail is family friendly as an introduction to the sport and connects onto the blue with a footpath feel.
- The blue trail is a family friendly 7km ride.
- The red trail has steeper slopes, on narrow single-track which as a loop also onto connects onto the jump park
- The jump park has eight table tops, bermed corners and gap jumps.
- Together the Abriachan trails are known as the Kelpies' Trails - after the famous and mythical local water horse.
- The Abriachan Trail centre is owned by the Abriachan Forest Trust community who in 1998 purchased the 534 hectares of forest. They are a Trust owned by the 140 local inhabitants scattered around the rural community. As a social enterprise they have created a network of paths, MTB trails and educational opportunities.
- If you have already or do get to ride this MTB trail at Abriachan then please share your experiences by writing a short review.