Jedforest mountain bike trails in Jedburgh in the Scottish Borders are just on the edge of the Cheviots and offer a mix of challenging to family friendly trails. The trails are waymarked but this is a base rather than a centre so bear in mind the facilities are limited and mostly restricted to Jedburgh town nearby (which is though well kitted out with cafes, pubs, shops, and B&B's etc).
Expect a decent mix of natural and man made surfaced trails linked by forest track and some tarmac roads.
The Justice Trail
- The Justice Trail is 40km long and is a challenging long distance route with berms, jumps and flowing single-track. You can download a trail map here.
Dere Street Dash
- The Deer Street Dash mountain bike trail is suitable for families and is 10.5Km long. Their are some steeper descents and rocky sections. You can download the trail map here.
- Lanton Wood has two trails. One that is 6.5Km and another that is 3.8Km. These two loops are targeted at younger riders allowing them to improve their skills on the berms and jumps. You can download the trail map here.
- Jedforest Trails is a group made up of volunteers from the local community who came together to develop a multi user path network around Jedburgh for walkers, cyclists and horse riders.
- Route maps can be obtained form the Tourist Information Office.
Nearest Bike Shops
- Simon Porteous Cycles, Kelso 30 Bridge Street, Scottish Borders, TD5 7JD. Telephone: 01573 223 692, Fax: 01573 223 692
- Teviot Cycles, Hawick, TD9 9BG Tel: 01450 377611
Guided and Coaches
- Ridelines. More around Glentress area
Clubs and Groups
- Peebles Cycling Again More around Glentress area
- If you have ridden any of the Jedforest trails in Jedburgh then please share your experiences with the community.