Templeton Tangle Mountain Bike Trail is a short MTB trail in Templeton Woods (near Dundee) that launched in March 2014.
It is a short blue trail with red options.
Templeton Skills Trail
- The skills trail at Templeton is a 1km track with a selection of technical trail features like berms, drop offs, rock gardens, log rides, rollers, jumps and doubles. Graded blue with red options it is targeted at all ages but with a focus on young people and beginners.
- The short trail can be found on the side of Gallow Hill in the wood.
- Trail building company Architrail were awarded the contract by an AMBTA/Angus Council panel to complete the feasibility study and design.The outline design for the trail is in the gallery, showing the sort of features included. Some of the technical trail features have easy return loops to allow training sessions.
- The Templeton Mountain Bike Skills Trail project is part funded by Sport Scotland. It cost £63,500, with £27,500 of that coming from a fund set up to provide a sports and fitness legacy from next year’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
- The trail was commissioned by Dundee City Council working alongside with local clubs, riders, Scottish Cycling, Developing Mountain Biking in Scotland (DMBinS) and the AMBTA ( Angus Mountain Bike Trails Association).
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails at Templeton Tangle then please come share your experiences and post some pictures, videos or a short review to the listing.