The Mill Run trail is in Aurs Glen, Barrhead in East Renfrewshire's. Built in September 2012 by trail designers Architrail it consists of a short Blue graded trail.
It's location makes it quite accessible from South Glasgow, Paisley and Newton Mearns.
The Mill Run Trail
- This blue graded trail is 800 metres in length. It is built on a natural gentle downhill slope and so benefits from natural flow. It also has four high banked berms, rollers and rock features.It's not too steep so it can be accessible to younger riders or less experienced cyclists. There is a short tarmac push up to the start.
- It is designed for those with a level of off road basics and looking to step up to the next level.
- Mill Run is credited with being Scotland's first urban bike trail and is accessible within 15 minutes of most in East Renfrewshire.
- Mill Run is sited minutes from St Luke's High, so the school's students will be able to use it for an after school mountain bike club.
- The trail is free to use and open all year.
- There is parking on Springfield Road next to the St Luke’s High school.
- Architrail We're commissioned by East Renfrewshire Council for both the design and build with DMS.
- Once new funding comes in there are further plans for a additional skills trail as well as a possible skills area and pump track.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trail at Mill Run in Barrhead then why not share out experiences by posting some pictures, videos or a short review to the listing and or you can favourite this trail.