Highland Safaris Biketrax is a small mountain bike skills loop and base for natural XC trails in Aberfeldy in Highland Perthshire. Each section is signposted with a grading guide giving options for all levels of technical ability. It is progressive and so suitable for families and beginners through to the expert rider.
You can check out the skills park and then hit some of the natural trails directly from the centre.
The BikeTRAX Skills Loop
- The Biketrax Skills Loop is 900 metres long and consists of a “SkillZone” warm up section with drops, ramps, berms, seesaws and rock steps. It then steps it up a gear then with the more technical sections: The Fault Line; The Plateau and the Corrie Berm and then finally comes the uphill which is technical and offers a good workout.
- There are trails, again for all ability levels which set off from the centre (the centre have maps).
- Also there is a "Drop at the Top"uplift service available so you can miss out the climb which is quite steep for beginners.
- There are more natural trails in nearby Weem / Dull woods.
- BikeTRAX is open 9am- 5pm daily.
- There is an Honesty Box Policy. Donations are what ensure the tracks are maintained and further developed.
- The skills Loop was designed by Pete Laing. Same guy who did Glentress.
- If you have ridden the MTB Skills Loop or trails at Highland Safaris BikeTRAX then why not share your experiences and post some pictures, videos, routes or a short review to the listing. You can also favourite the listing.