Lairig Ghru offers some great mountain biking up in the Cairngorms in Scotland. Lairig Ghru is a natural trail that takes you through one of the best known and renowned hill passes in the Highlands.
It's important to note that this trail is a shared access pass and is very popular with walkers so respect this and take heed of other users of the trail.
Lairig Ghru Trail
- The terrain is quite wild in nature (you go through the Rothiemurcus Forest) and there is lots of great singletrack. The descent is rocky and has flowing singletrack, that is rideable all year round. Some of the more renowned singletrack can be found from Loch an Eilean, past Loch Ghamhna to Feshiebridge as well as in Inshriach Forest.
- It may not be a massive distance in height but often you hear folk on this trail finding themselves in a hike a bike scenario. So do go prepared.
- It's only appropriate to ride as a circuit in the very driest conditions - the top traverse is peaty gloop in the wet
- Check out the below GPS resource and please upload your own rides to the Listing and / or to the specific GPS MTB routes section.
- If you have mountain biked in Lairig Ghru then please come share your experiences and post your pcitures, videos, reviews and routes to the listing.