Glentrool mountain bike trail centre situated in Galloway Forest in Scotland is probably the tamest of the 7stanes network of mountain bike trail centres. It offers 2 green trails, a blue trail and the ungraded epic Big Country route. It's a really great place for families and riders just starting out on their MTB journey.
The Glen (Green)
- The Glen is a 6km green trail, suitable for families going at their own pace around the very scenic Palnagashel Glen.
The Palgowan (Green)
- The Palgowan is a 14km green trail also suitable for families.
The Green Torr (Blue)
- The Green Torr is a 9km blue trail built on purpose-built singletrack.
The Big Country Route (Ungraded)
- The mammoth 58km Big Country Route runs on minor public and forest roads without any singletrack.
Closest Bike Shop
http://www.kirkcowancycles.co.uk 67 Main Street, Kirkcowan, Newton Stewart, Wigtownshire, Dumfries and Galloway, DG8 0HQ. 01671 830286
- www.thebreakpad.com in Kirroughtree for sales, service and skills courses.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails at Glentrool then why not share you experience and write a short review?
- Photo credit 7stanes