Highland Perthshire mountain bike trails are a selection of natural XC trails around the southern Highlands in Scotland. This area is known for its epic mountains, glens, woods, lochs, and rugged nature. It's nicknamed Big Tree Country.
The number of great trails on offer seems a bit endless.
The Highland Perthshire Trails
- Probably best known for the route though Glen Tiltin and Blair Atholl the choice of trails In Highland Perthshire covers all levels and abilities from beginner and families through to the hard core MTB enthusiast.
- The attachments tab will contain a number of handy PDF route cards (please feel free to add your own). We also below highlight some of the best resources out there on the web.
- The DMBins website has a useful set of 16 route cards split by Easy, Moderate, Difficult and Very Difficult routes:
- Route Card 1 The River Tay at Dunkeld & Birnam 6km
- Route Card 5 The Old Railway Riverside Path 12km
- Route Card 15 Loch Faskally & Killiecrankie 13km
- Route Cars 2 Birnam Glen & Rumbling Bridge 10.5km
- Route Card 4 Castle Dow, Grandtully 7km
- Route Card 6 Wade's Bridge to the River Lyon 12km
- Route Card 7 Dull Wood Routes 7km
- Route Card 10 Drummond Hill 10km
- Route Card 11 Black Wood of Rannoch 8/16km
- Route Card 12 The Banvie Circuit 14.5km
- Route Card 13 Falls of Bruar from Blair Castle 14.5km
- Route Card 16 Killiechangie 13km
- Route Card 3 Atholl Woods & Loch Ordie 15/ 25km
- Route Card 8 Glassie Circuit 15km
- Route Card 9 Camserney Burn 15km
- Route Card 14 Glen Tilt 13km
- Route Card 15 Loch Faskally & Killiecrankie 13km (incorporating Expert Black section)
Highland Perthshire Cycling Website
- Highland Perthshire Cycling is a registered Scottish Charity and has a number of descriptive route cards and maps to choose from:
Cycle Highland Perthshire website
- The Cycle Highland Perthshire website gives a descriptive overview of the area in general with some useful recommendations as well as handy route cards.
Groups and Clubs
- If you have ridden any of the mountain bike trails around Highland Perthshire then why not share your experiences and knowledge and post some pictures, videos and or a short review to the listing. You can also upload your routes and favourite the listing.