The Nevis Range Mountain Bike Trail Centre is on the Nevis range in the Lochaber region just north of Fort William in the Scottish Highlands.
It is made up of a multitude of top MTB trails offering a mix of Downhill and XC for all abilities. It is famous for being home to the World Champs course and the only centre in the UK with a Gondola.
In April 2014 two new trails a green and a blue opened. In Spring 2015 two more jump lines (graded orange) opened parallel to the infamous motorway section which has progressive jumps and can be ridden and accessed separately to the main track.
World Cup Downhill (Orange Extreme)
- The only way to get up this trail is by the Gondola. It is open just May to September and shut outside those dates as well as on race days and bad weather days. The lift runs from 10.15am - 3.45pm. Also you have to be at least 12 years old and complete a participation statement (found on website).
- The trail is graded orange extreme (previously was a 'black') is 2.82km long and has a descent of 555m. It's is steep, very fast, full of rock gardens, tight steep corners, big jumps, drops, shore, exposed sections and woodland sections. It ends in the Nevis Range car park.
The Red Giant
- Built in 2009 with new sections added in 2010 this trail has got some decent buzz around it. It is graded a red XC. It's about 5.5.km with a vertical drop of 543 metres and it ends in the Nevis Range car park. The terrain is also steep, technically tough with wide singletrack, some shore, rock steps, rock gardens, gap jumps and drops. The only red cross country trail with gondola access, remote with exposed open hill sections and stunning mountain views.
Blue Adder XC
- The Blue Adder blue-graded cross country descent is 3.1km long, is a mix of wide single track and gently bermed wide boardwalk, followed by a series of flowing twists and turns. It has mini features to encourage the skills of budding downhillers while still remaining in keeping with cross country trail standards.There is a 2km forest road climb as part of the route that is then followed by the 1.1km descent. Vehicle uplift for Blue Adder and Cats Eyes, summer weekends
Cats Eyes (Green)
- The Cats Eyes green-graded cross country descent is 1.3km long, has wide berms and rollover features, with a rolling trail through the trees beside a burn. Again accessed initially by forest road. Vehicle uplift for Blue Adder and Cats Eyes, summer weekends
Witch's XC Trails: World Champs route (Red)
- This trail was built for the World Champs and World Cup circuit (built in 2007) is graded red and is 8.5 km long running through the Leanachan forest. It has many technical sections and given the terrain has tough ups and fast descents.
Witch's XC Trails: 10 Under the Ben Loop (Red)
- This trail is also graded red and is 10 miles (16km) long with fast flowing singletrack mixed up with fire road. and a famous fast descent is known as Nessie. It is the home of No FussEvents who started off with their first race event there (and still run) the annual 10 under the Ben endurance race.
Witch's XC Trails: The Broomstick Blue
- This trail is 7 km long, graded blue and is a friendly 7km around the river Lundy on flowing singletrack. Great for beginners and families.
- The Witch's Trails are open all year round and start from the Nevis Range.
Jump Lines (Orange)
- There is 0.5 miles in total. Two new jump lines parallel to the motorway on the World Cup Downhill will give riders the choice of small, medium or large features. They can be ridden independently of the Downhill and are accessible from the Blue Adder ascent or the vehicle uplift service.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails or DH tracks at Nevis Range then please share your experiences and write a review, post some photos and or videos to the listing.