Nant yr Arian mountain bike trail centre is in the Nant yr Arian forest just inland from Aberystwyth.
With a bit of a wilderness and rugged feel, this purpose built mountain bike centre has 2 reds, 1 epic black trail and a bike skills park.
In spring 2015 a new section of trail built by Xtreme Track was lanched. It is a 400m red grade section with a few jumps and hips. In March 2017 they launched the new bike skills track.
Summit Trail (Red)
- The Summit is a Red graded difficult trail that is 16km long with a 310m climb and takes around 1.5 – 3.5hrs to complete. This is a very technical and demanding ride with some significantly steep slopes and long climbs.
- Summit Trail (PDF) Click to download
Pendam Trail (Red)
- The Pendam is a Red graded 9km long trail with 220m of climbing and takes around 1-2 hours to complete. Technical singletrack and some hard climbs define it. It includes sections of public road and tracks shared with horse riders.
- Pendam Trail. Click to download.
Syfydrin Trail (Black)
- The Syfydrin is a Black graded severe trail that is an epic 35km with a climb of 670m and takes around 3-5 hours to complete. The terrain is a mix of technical and flowing single-track and exposed and remote countryside. Many of the sections are also used by vehicles, walkers and horse riders so be aware.
- Syfydrin Trail. Click to download.
- Green, blue and red lines with jumps, rollers and step ups.
- The coastal university town of Aberystwyth has good nightlife and decent bike shops.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails at Nant yr Arian then please share your experiences and post your pictures, videos and reviews and tracks to the listing.
- Also, why not check out the iBikeRide Index of the Top UK Trails to see where Bwlch Nant yr Arian is ranked.