The Black Mountains Cycle Centre (BMCC) also known as Dirt Farm is a Downhill and Freeride Mountain Bike facility in Monmouthshire in Wales (just 5 miles North of Abergavenny). There is one blue, one red, two black run and a pro jump line option. The lines are mix and match so there quite a few combinations to make up a run.
In May 2015 they launched an alternative red section to the bridge that is slightly easier than the other red with pump jumps, berms and short steep sections as well as a new red/blue section from the bridge down.
You can book the uplift (easily get ten plus runs in a day so great value for money). Also by the time you hit the bottom the uplift is back and waiting. Also, you can pay for push and ride. It takes a good 20-25 minutes to walk up if you go for the push and ride option but then folk often session just the top half section as there are multiple line choices. Either way, you need to sign the waiver.
Development is ongoing and in December 2014 they opened a new blue run and in March 2015 a new black track. There are also rumours for a new red at some point.
- The blue is flowing with berms and jumps galore. It rides fast.
- The red steps it up a gear and have some steeper more technical rooty sections. It is fast has off camber corners, bridge crossings and wooden kickers.
- There are two black runs. These are rocky, steep and fast with big jumps, gap jumps, step downs and also passes over the bridge. There is also a huge pro jump line.
- The more recent new black line is fast flowing and is a more natural feeling trail. It's graded black because of the start and it's steepness on the 3 back to back berms section. They have tried to keep the roots and rocks in too wherever possible. Takes just under a minute to ride.
- It was designed and built by Gary Broad and Shaun Bevan.
- It's open every day as a push-up centre but the uplift runs Saturday and Sunday. 10 - 5 (expect 10-12 lifts in a day) and mid-week (as of the end of March 2015). if demand permits it also opens on weekdays so check out their site.
- You need to book and pay.
- You must sign a waiver (available on line when booking) before riding and the Riders Code of Conduct must be adhered to at all times.
- Limited facilities bar a car park and portaloo so come prepared and bring lunch, drinks etc with you.
- If you have ridden the Downhill tracks at the Black Mountain Cycle Centre (BMCC) / Dirt Farm then please share your experiences with the community and post your pictures, videos and a review to the listing.