The Cwm Rhaeadr (Cylicwm) is a short 6.7k mountain bike red trail by Cilycwm village, Carmarthenshire in South Wales. It's only 20 mins from Brechfa and there are also lots of great natural trail riding around there so well worth a visit.
The Cwm Rhaeadr Red Trail
- The trail has fire-road for the first 2.5km but then rewards you with great singletrack, drops, rocky steps, rollers, big berms and the lot so don't be put off by its short length. The views are amazing especially the waterfall as it drops over a rocky ledge where it pours off the Mynydd Mallaen with the Brecon Beacons in the distance. It's one of those where it's well worth riding it twice and sessioning.
- Unsurprisingly for a Welsh trail, it rides well all year. There are no facilities but the local villages are friendly with great food. Try Cilycwm or there are more options at Llandovery close by.
- Useful PDF of the trail can be found here
- Rowen Sorrell and his Back On Track team designed and built this trail.
- If you have ridden any of these mountain bike trails atC wm Rhaeadr (Cilycwm) then why not post some pictures, videos or write a short review and share your experiences with us?