BikePark Wales - Respect!
(Updated: December 30, 2016)
Overall rating 

Grin Factor 

Trail Variety 

Skills Development 

Trail Quality  

Facilities 

BikePark Wales is truly an amazing centre. I started on the Blues and they are fast, flowing, confidence building and it's hard not to take air. There is a definite Rowan Sorrell site and some of it is reminiscent of the Verderers in the Forest of Dean (in a good way mind) although don't confuse a Blue downhill with a Blue XC trail as it's a step up on a Downhill.

The reds which are rockier, steepier, with drops and generally more technical and gnarlier. All still absolutely fine on an All Mountain bike. The black is more extreme and really rocky but tons of fun.

The neat thing is you can mix and match. So start on a blue and add a red section option on the way down or do a whole red run end to end.

The best bit is the runs are a mile plus so they feel long and great value and that means maximum fun. I did get quite a bit of arm pump but you get a lot of DH riding in for each uplift.

Be nice though if the uplift ran a bit faster but all in all the facilities are really good and the staff really friendly. The cafe is top notch biker grub and the bike shop well stocked. Bike Wash does what it says on the tin and the trails rock.

I've also on one occasion done the ride uphill and the XC trail up is a lovely trail and well worth doing. It ends at the top with the DH runs so you can choose whatever is your fancy to descend.

It's also not that far from the Black Mountain Cycle Centre which have combined in the same weekend.

I'm hooked and on my 4th trip already.

User Review

Good Points
-Flowing and progressive
-Lots of choice and long runs
-Great facilities and vibe
Bad Points
- Uplift can be quite a wait at times.
- Car park can be a bit full if you get there late morning
Would you recommend?
Yes
S