Tough at the Top - (Red)
- This is a red graded stamina busting 57km of a ride with nearly 1500 feet of climbing. Descent though would be pretty long too I'd guess.
The Two Lake Tour - (Red)
- This is a 4 hour minimum 40km lung busting route with nearly a 1000 feet of climbing. You go from the village of Llanfihangel through Clocaenog Forest up to the Alwen Resevoir. There you will cross the dam and continue on to the larger Llyn Brenig.
Up to the Lake- (Blue)
This is a beginner trail of 42km (so has a blue grade) and takes around 4 hours to ride with a vertical height of around 500 metres. It starts at Cyffylliog Village.Grid Reference : SJ060578. There is no car park at the start of this ride so please park in the village. It's a long route but not technical . It goes through the Clocaenog Forest, and around the Llyn Brenig lake.
The Lake and a Bit - (Blue)
This is a moderate to intermediate ride over 32km taking around 3 hours. Again it takes in the Llyn Brenig lake, the surrounding forest and into the moorland.
Around the Lake - (Green)
This is a non hilly beginner green graded trail taking about an hour to ride the 15.2km route. It takes you round the Llyn Brenig lake starting at the visitor centre. A good family trail.
Bod Petryal - (Green)
- Another beginner green graded family trail. It's a very short 3.5km forest trail taking about an hour to ride.
- The website http://ridenorthwales.co.uk/ has detailed maps and guides to each of these so be sure to check it out.
- A mountain bike "Base" is an area/locality hosting several way-marked/mapped trails, with essential MTB facilities (accommodation, restaurants & cafes, bike shops etc.) all available within the vicinity from independent providers.
- If you have ridden any of these trails at Hiraethog mountain bike base then why not share your experiences with the community and leave a short reviewBig thanks.