Radnorshire mountain bike base is on the Welsh side of the Welsh/ English border (Shropshires right next door) and there is a large amount of MTB XC riding to be had here. If you add up all the plotted routes there are around 25 of them in total ranging from 14km through to 48km epics. The thing to note is that this is all natural terrain rather than hand carved way marked routes. Hence you need a GPS and or a map, compass and a local even. You also need to be prepared in terms of clothing, nutrition and spares. It's remote out there. I found only a few mentions of the place or vids whilst researching so maybe it is a hidden gem. You tell me? Enjoy your true time with nature.
- Hergest Ridge with steady climbs and fast descents and grass tracks. There are 6 trails in this section varying from 14km through to 30km in length.
- Caety Traylow. Shallow climbs and grass moorland. The hills can be bitterly exposed in winter. There are 4 trails ranging form 16 to @30km.
- Painscastle Heather and bracken moorland with well defined tracks. 7 trails ranging from @18km to 48km.
- Radnor Forest. 6 routes ranging from 14km to 33km.
- English in character and seemingly a world away from Radnorshire. 2 routes: 17km and 34km.
- Radnor RoughRide (offroad mtb enduro)
- Autumn Epic, (Cycle Sportif).