Ae Mountain Bike Centre http://www.ibikeride.com/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/280x280s/4b/a4/61/1560_ae-bike2-1350989668.jpg Hot
Ae 7Stanes mountain bike trail centre is part of the 7Stanes network up in Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland. The Ae mountain bike trails cater for all abilities from families, to technical MTB trail riders through to great runs for an already long established downhill community. It now has a bike café, a bike shop as well as bike hire.
Each of the trails cater specifically for each rider ability level to the utmost So the reds are technically intense and up a grade from most of its colour peers and the downhill trails earn their Orange badge being competition level status. Likewise the green and blues closer down in the valley offer a great family adventure. The name Ae is the tiniest name I’ve come across and is so called after the tiny town the trails are based from.
They have five trails:
- The Ae Valley route for families (9km long)
- The Larch View route with more of a forest feel (13.5km)
- The Ae Line – Technical with a famous Omega Man descent full of drops and jumps. See video below. (24km)
Orange Graded Downhill
- Shredder – Great for newbies to downhilling (1km)
- AE Downhill- Rocky and gnarly (1.6km) and includes the infamous 22 ft Coffin Jump. This is a competition level course.
- If you have already or do get to ride this trail at Ae 7Stanes then please share your experiences with us by writing a short review.
- Photo credit 7Stanes
- As mentioned Ae is one of the 7stanes i.e. it is one of seven mountain biking centres in south Scotland running from the Scottish Borders to Dumfries and Galloway. It's my dream to take a few weeks out and ride them all back to back. They include:
Average user rating from: 1 user(s)
|Grin Factor||4.0 (1)|
|Trail Variety||3.5 (1)|
|Skills Development||3.5 (1)|
|Trail Quality||4.0 (1)|
Last updated: February 28, 2013
Top 10 Reviewer - View all my reviews (18)
AE Forest XC Red
Its good, nice loop. I've only done this once :)