Arran Mountain Bike Trails http://www.ibikeride.com/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/280x280s/60/52/fc/_image-1349557674.jpg
Arran MTB is different to the main trail centres in the UK. These are natural mountain bike trails honed by nature and biker love. They are not way marked so you will need a map (on link). Let this entice rather than dissuade you.
Arran trails are situated on one of Scotland's most southernly islands, on the Isle of Arran in the Firth of Clyde. The island is 167 square miles and the 7th largest scottish island with a small population of around 5000 folks. The community of riders is strong and loyal. The location as well as the community leads to something a bit different and I guess a bit special.
- Castle Route (10km route) - hilly forest roads, rough tracks and trails. Good for MTB novices with decent fitness
- Glencloy Route - (10km route) -similar to the above
Hard - Technical proficient mountain bikers only
- Clauchlands Route (18km route) - hilly single track trails for proficient and experienced mountain bikers
- Laggan Route (25km route) - similar to the above
Extreme - Technical / Enduro proficient & fit
- Arran Classic Route (35km route) - difficult and severe. For experienced technical riders with a high level of fitness. The terrain is mountainous, granite and rocky and there are a decent number of gnarly rock slabs and drop offs for the technical mountain bike rider.