Coed Llandegla Mountain Biking Centre near Wrexham in North Wales has 4 MTB trails covering green, blue, red and black gradings. It also has a Skills Area, Bike Park, Dual Slalom run and a Pump Track.
- The Red 18km trail shares the same climb through the forest with the Blue trail. When it splits off at the top of the forest, the longer red route sends you on a series of more technical challenges, with singletrack, steep sections, bermed switchbacks, water crossings, tabletops and boardwalk.
- The black runs are predominantly steeper downhill stretches and they have much more challenging technical features like large steps, gaps and dropoffs.
- Big Jims the black section that runs parallel to parallel universe the older black section has been recently improved so you have new berms and features.
- The Blue is is still 12km in length, and there is a gradual climb up through the forest until it splits with the Intermediate Route at the top of the forest. It is largely gradual downhills, interspersed with gentle uphill sections. This route also has a selection of small humps and other features to add a degree of challenge!
- A waymarked route of approximately 5km has been developed specifically with families in mind. The route avoids major climbs and technical sections, and concentrates on allowing families to experience off-road cycling in a fun and safe way. The surfaces encountered on this route are generally hard packed but there are sections which are loose, uneven or muddy at times. The route allows riders to ascend gently from the car park, through the forest and on to the reservoir, with its views of the Clwydian Range. After cycling around the reservoir, the route meanders back through the forest before the final descent which sweeps down to the Visitor Centre.
- The Coed Llandegla Forest 'Skills Area' offers a safe place to learn mountain bike techniques and build confidence before setting out on the trails. This area is also be used for mountain bike training courses.
Free Ride Area
- For the more experienced rider, this area offers access to dirt and built jumps, drops and manmade obstacles
- The pump track is a loop of rollers and berms.
- The dual Slalom has berms, jumps and bumps on near identical tracks.
Cycling Groups and Clubs
- If you have ridden any of these trails at Coed LLandegla then why not post some pictures, videos or a short review to the listing/