Brechfa Mountain Bike Trails https://d145mbeh1pcb1.cloudfront.net/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/280x280s/4f/ac/5c/37044-536315539754740-13272066-n-23-1367745426.jpg Hot
Brechfa mountain bike trails are only a few years old and already are amassing a reputation for excellent riding for all abilities. It is MTB singletrack heaven with a Green and blue (The Derwen), a red (The Gorlech) and a black run (The Raven).
Brechfa MTB trails were designed by Rowan Sorrell they could not have a better trail master. There is a car park, portaloos and a cafe called The Shed (at the Raven open saturdays and Sundays). They are pretty close to Afan forest and the Cwm Rhaeadr red graded trail if you want even more singletrack options not too far away.
Brechfa itself is a village in Carmarthenshire, Wales that has existed since the 6th century. There is a little friendly shop in the village that sells all sorts (I bought milk and socks). It is a co-operative ie it is run by the community for the community. The trails are all set in a wonderful forest backdrop and have a spooky moss feel to them that makes the place quite unique:
The Black Raven
- The Raven is just under 19km and has great singletrack, shore, gnarly sections and steep descents with jumps and berms. This trail is suitable for technically proficient experienced riders.
The Red Gorlech
- The Gorlech is 19km and has sweet singletrack, swooping berms, jumps and the surface is hard, all weather and fast. Suitable for intermediate riders with some technical experience.
The Blue and Green Derwen
- The Derwen Blue 4.7 km (or green option 9.2km) Derwen trail is set in a beautiful setting again and is suitable for families and beginners.
- The Raven (plus Derwen) and the Gorlech trails are at different car parks. The Trailhead at Byrgwm is for for Derwen and Raven trails and the Trailhead at Abergorlech is for the Gorlech trail.Check out the "Details" tab for more info.
- To find the Shed cafe at the Raven check out the gallery or go to this link here
- If you have ridden these mountain bike trails at Brechfa then why not share your experiences with us and please write a short review?
Average user rating from: 2 user(s)
|Grin Factor||4.5 (2)|
|Trail Variety||4.3 (2)|
|Skills Development||4.0 (2)|
|Trail Quality||4.0 (2)|
Raven - In my top three
The Raven was closed the first time I visited Brechfa and loved doing the Gorlech. Came back maybe 3 years alter and rode the Raven with some IBIKERide buddies and she took my breath away. Loved her. Well worth the trip and now sits in my all time top three trails.
Last updated: December 22, 2012
#1 Reviewer - View all my reviews (122)
Gorlech - Bit of a magical trail
I think this is one of the prettiest locations in South Wales. The trail feels a bit hidden and the facilities more about getting into the local town or bring your own supplies. I loved it.
Magical woodland feel
No facilites (come prepared)