Schladming Bike Park also know as Planai Bike Park is Austria's longest downhill track, starting at 1839 meters. There is a choice of 12 trails.
Bike Park Tracks
- Rookie Trail (top station): offers tight bends and low gradients. The ideal terrain also for beginners.
- Biker Cross (final slope): delicately shaped jumps, rollers and banked runs.
- Flowline (starting at the mid station): a gravelled slope with numerous easy obstacles. These include tables, small step-ups and step-downs as well as wooden Northshore trails and drops.
- Jack Lumber Trail: Jack Lumber is the first Northshore trail in the Bikepark and is wrapped around a massive rock a few meters above the ground. It should only be ridden by experienced bikers because you might risk a heavy fall.
- Dirtpark: here you can get some AIRTIME. The Dirtpark offer both beginners and pros the chance to enhance their style.
- Downhill track Pro: Austrias longest downhill track on the Planai is a true legend. It starts at 1830 meters ASL and can be accessed via the Planai gondola. From there, you can ride down through beautiful natural surroundings; pass the reservoir lake till you finally reach the mid station at 1325m ASL, where you are provided with a washing station and the basic tools.
- Downhill track Worldcup: Top to bottom – here you can ride on the trail of Gee Atherton, Sam Hill and Lapierre rider Sam Blenkinsop, who have all been able to win a World Cup race on the Planai. It’s not for the faint-hearted.
- Downhill Advanced: The downhill advanced track was built along the former world cup downhill ride and is an excellent way of bypassing the difficult passages.
- Pump track: is a circuit specifically designed to gain speed and keep it up without pedalling, just using a dynamic riding style, and thus improving your technique lap by lap. It’s the perfect place to get fully exhausted after a couple of downhill rides.
- Freeride Tracks with Singletrails
- Kiddy Superpark: specially designed for kids and beginners to enjoy themselves on the wave track. The integrated training features provide a good preparation to go into the Bikepark terrain afterwards.
- NEW 2016 – Fairy Tail: An easy route with a moderate slope, which is perfect for families.
- Facilities are excellent, Parking at the lift, bike wash, bike hire, shop and service. Accommodation in town, good restaurants, Supermarkets, and nightlife too. Schladming is a good town with a good atmosphere. Rail connections are good too, the station is about 1km from the park.
- Rental bikes @alpreif bikecenter planai are available.
- If you have ridden the Schladming / Planai Bike park then please share your experiences and post some pictures, videos or a short review to the listing.