Farmer Johns MTB Park (FJMTB) is located by Marple Bridge, Stockport in Greater Manchester. It consists of a number of downhill runs and a dirt jump park.
Run by Farmer John and his wife Jill it's famed for its races and events.
There is an active community and there are always new developments in the making. Farmer Johns MTB Park took pole position to be awarded the iBikeRide English Trail of the Year in 2016 (and 2015) and came 3rd in the rankings for UK Trail of the Year 2016 overall.
Main DH Track
- The original and main Downhill track are interspersed with North Shore, drops and rock gardens. The bottom woody section is tight and as you would expect rooty.
Night Race / Burm Track
- This track is just a short run (nailed in under a minute) and kicks off at the starting at the top of the main field. It is famed for the night race held on it.
Bridge / Hut Jump line
- This run is one of the more recent developments (built in 2013). It starts with the Main DH track and then diverts off just before the woods. It goes over a north shore style drop off, then through the meadow via some rock gardens. A bridge then lets the night race track link up to the Main DH midway down the meadow. Then the track splits again crossing either the hut jump or diving into the woods to rejoin the Main DH line.
Mega Steep Variant Line
- This track is simply described as a very steep track. The clue is in the name.
Root Death Variant Line
- Very steep, Extremely rooty, very technical line.
Trails / Dirt Park
- A number of progressive dirt jump lines. Has it's own integrated community (see group below). The opening is restricted to dry periods for safety reasons.
- Farmer Johns Race weekend is iconic.
- You can pay on the day for £7 or take out annual membership for £35.
- Open 7 days a week from 9.30 until dark inc all Bank Holidays. No need to book, just turn up and get your pass from the cafe or farmhouse. Full face helmets are compulsory and if you're under 18 you'll need a parent/guardian to sign you in.
Strictly no riding without signing in first.
- New for 2014 the folks have their own bunkhouse so there is accommodation on site.
- The MTB park is on the edge of the Peaks i.e. you are spoilt for amazing technical XC riding here.
- In 2016 Farmer Johns MTB Park took 1st place in the iBikeRide Trail of the Year awards for England (and 2015) and 3rd in the UK rankings overall.
- If you have ridden Farmer Johns MTB (FJMTB) then why not share your experiences with the community by adding some pictures, videos or a short review to the Listing. You can also favourite the MTB park.