Swinley Forest Mountain Bike Centre is in Bracknell in England and consists of red, blue and green XC trails.
Swinley Forest is quite sandy so holds dry well in the winter and rainy months. The area is managed by the Crown Estate working with the TrailTeam Swinley volunteer group.
- The Blue moderately graded route is 10.1km long. The Blue is built for novices and its aim is to inspire confidence. You leave the Lookout past the trig point on Gravel Hill. You then descend to a bermed, single-track section then through a pine forest and finish through Windsor Ride to New England Hill. Incorporates "Full Nine Yards", "Devils Highway" and "Stickler". Around The Stickler point, you have the choice of continuing on the Blue back or taking on the Red.
- The Red graded loop is 13km long and mainly resurrects the older trail network (Seagull, Tank Traps, Whole Nine Yards, Deerstalker and Labyrinth etc) into a formal loop but with a couple of new additions.
- In more detail, the route continues on from the Blue as described above. You enter Tank Traps and then on to Crowthorne Reservoir. On to Satan's Grotto with its tight twisty single track and then crossing Devils Highway onto Seagull. Follows the forest road to Surrey Hill Reservoir down the "F1" descent into the forest then up the tough Boardwalk climb. Down to Deerstalker, through the Labyrinth out onto the forest ride. Some more forest road sections till you hit Cobblers before returning on the Blue trail back.
- For clarity, the Red starts at pretty much the midpoint of the Blue and returns at its end again along the Blue.
- In September 2014 an extension to the Seagull section was opened. The new trail section is the third section of the Seagull trail (Red 8-9), after crossing the fire road, you travel 15m on the old singletrack and then branch off right onto the New. You then have 1.2km of flowing trail to follow. It exits down from Lower Star Post.
- The Green graded Loop is for families and beginners and is 1.2km long. It has gentle dips and rises on a wide track.
- Facebook group Swinley Forest Mountain Bikers.
- The team responsible for managing the trails are TrailTeam Swinley.
- Swinley Riders
- If you have ridden the MTB trails at Swinley then please share your experiences and post your reviews, pictures and videos to this listing.