Davagh Forest trails are in the Sperrin Mountains and can be found just 10 km north west of Cookstown (80 km from Belfast) in Northern Ireland. There is a red, blue and green trails as well as a skills park and a pump track.
At the end of 2012 Northern Ireland had only 6km of purpose-built MTB trails.By the end of 2013 there 5 new trail centres in 6 months with over 110km trails now on offer. Check out our Northern Ireland Mountain Biking section.
- The red trail at Davagh Forest is 16km long and has tougher climbs and steeper descents with berms, big slabs, singletrack and rock drops.
- The blue mountain bike trail is 7.5km long. It's twisty and flowing with some technical rocks sections. There is also an optional rock slab (For more experienced riders).
- The green graded mountain bike trail is 3km long. It is on wide forest roads and runs through woodland as well as along the riverbank. Look out for walkers as they can use it coming in the opposite direction to riders.
- The skills park is a good way to get a feel for the type of features you may come across on the trails. The features are independently graded.
- You will find drop offs, log rides, rock causeway, technical insides, boardwalk and climbing switchback.
- The pump track is naturally progressive allowing you to ride the rollers and berms without pedaling but instead creating forward momentum through managing your weight distribution.
Groups and Clubs
- Mountain Biking Northern Ireland - trails, route cards, the lot.
- Trails are owned and managed by Cookstown District Council.
- If you are the trail owner or part of the trail community and wish to manage and keep the listing updated then please click the "Claim this Listing" button above.
- Chain Reaction Cycles are sponsors of these trails.
- The Davagh Forest Trails were designed by Architrail (Phil Saxena) and built by local contractors FP McCann.
- If you have ridden the mountain bike trails at Davagh Forest then why not share your experiences with us and post some pictures, videos or a review to the listing.