Aboyne Bike Park is in the Bellwood Community Woodland just an hour from Aberdeen. It consists of a couple of short downhill runs, a Jump track and a pump track.
It launched in May 2013 and is open all hours and free to ride.
DH Tracks (Red and Black)
- There are two short downhill tracks: The Side Winder (red) and the Rattle Snake (graded black).
The Side Winder (Red)
- Steep and tough single track with technical sections and a challenging descent with berms and small drop offs.
Rattle Snake (Black)
- A greater challenge and continuous rocky difficulty. Expect large and unavoidable technical features that require commitment.
Jumps Area (Orange)
- Known as the Spitting Cobra this consists of earth mound jumps of varying sizes, individually graded.
Pump Track (Green)
- The Cycle Highlands Python pump track is graded green. An area for all standards and ages of riders. Use only your momentum to get through the berms and rollers - the less you can pedal, the more you're showing your skills.
- It is managed by Aboyne Bike Park Association which is volunteer led as well as Mid Deeside Limited who own the bike park and associated woodland on behalf of the community.
- The project was part-financed by the Scottish Government and the European Community Rural Aberdeenshire LEADER 2007-2013 programme and Aberdeenshire Council
- If you have ridden Aboyne bike park then please share your experiences with the community and post your reviews, pictures and videos to this listing.