The Callendar Estate Mountain Bike Trails (including Greenrig Bike Park) are situated just outside the town of Falkirk. Owned by the Callendar Estate, The site offers 4 different trails each named after the wood in which they run through. These trails range from a family friendly green loop to a more technically challenging red route. There is also Greenrig Bike Park on the estate.
Along with the trails the site also offers a wide range of facilities such as ‘Bespoke Bike Hire’ and ‘The Milk Barn’ café. The trails are maintained by the Bespoke Community Development organisation.
Canada Trail (Green)
- This is a green trail suitable for novice mountain bikers. The trail twists and turns through Canada Wood and also offers a short Blue Grade boardwalk section for those who are looking for more of a challenge. Overall the trail is 4.1km long and should take about 30 minutes to complete.
Craigieburn Trail (Blue)
- This blue graded trail is ideal for those who have tried the Canada Trail and are looking for more of a challenge. This trail offers a few gentle hills and some twisting descents. The trail is 3.4km long and should last around 30 minutes.
Kilbean Trail (Blue with Red Sections)
- This trail offers a mixture of both blue and red sections so is an ideal warm up trail for those who are hoping to ride the full red Auchengean Trail. Riders can also exit from the trail and take the fire road track down towards the Auchengean trail if they are not finding it challenging enough. The trail is 3.3km long and takes 30 minutes to complete.
Auchengean Trail (Red)
- This Auchengean trail is graded red. It is usually ridden as an extension to the Craigieburn Trail but riders can connect via the Kilbean Trail. The trail itself is full of both strenuous climbs and rewarding descents that should keep the rider entertained. Ridden as an extension to the Craigieburn trail it is 6.8km long and takes around 45 minutes.
- In October 2014 Bespoke team built a new technical rock section and made some improvements made to the lower section of the main trail.
- Jack's Track is a new Freeride section of trail. It is for highly skilled riders with advanced riding skills only. You will find skinnies, berms and compulsory gaps jumps and large drops with no chicken runs.
Greenrig Bike Park
- The Bike Park has a pump trail, a technical rock trail, two jump lines, one featuring a mellow wall ride and a beginners area with some basic features to try.
- If you have ridden any of these mountain bike trails in Callender Estate or Greenrig Bike Park then please share your experiences with the community and post your pictures, videos, reviews and routes to this trail listing.