Comrie Croft mountain bike trails are set in a private estate in the Strathearn Valley in Perthshire, Scotland. There are 16km of trails in total plus a lot of natural trails in the Strathearn Valley.
There is a Blue trail, around 4kms, a Network of Red Trails (a mix of handbuilt and machine built trails) and a Black Trail. There is also a Bike Skills area with jumps & drops and a pump track
The MTB network is always developing and there is also a bike hire, repairs, bunkhouse, eco-camping & The Tea Garden cafe on site.
Comrie Croft was crowned iBikeRide Trail of the Year in 2016
- The red trail is around 6kms long, all red graded but has sections that are technical and possibly a bit harder than other reds in Scotland. It is a good mix of being very natural, feature-packed with features such as the bedrock slab, off camber descents, the water splash and fun descents. There is a downhill black XC section from the top of the red which is very technical.
- Rick Allsop (Trail Builder) has developed a Blue Graded trail adding 4km of trail packed full of features and for all abilities.
Bike Park & Pump Track
- The bike park has a multitude of progressive features graded as either blue, red or black.
- There is a two-way Perimeter track with rock gardens, a little skinny, a north shore and rock drops (all optional).
- A Kids area with a mini pump track, a see-saw and a bridge.
- A full-scale Pump Track.
- A downhill run with rock drops and berms.
- Choices of either blue (three smaller tabletops), red (two larger tabletops) run or 3 black (3-lights) graded tabletops runs.
- There are loads in this area in the Strathearn Valley and the shop will help sort you with either easy, medium, difficult and expert grade routes. Many of these start from the Comrie Croft Centre e.g Comrie village (easy, 4 miles), Loch Turret circular (difficult, 10 miles), Breafordie circular (medium, 6 miles) or the Loch Tay expedition (expert, 20-30 miles).
Clubs and Groups
Closest Bike and Hire Shop
- Comrie Croft Bikes. These are the movers and shakers behind all the developments here. Comrie Croft Bikes, Comrie Croft, Braincroft, Crieff, Perthshire, PH7 4JZ
- Hairy Coo (Grassroots XC Mountain bike racing).
- Cream o the Croft (Enduro racing for adults and Kids, weekend mountain biking festival)
- The Comrie Croft Bike shop working with the local club are the main players making this happen. They are always on the lookout for more volunteers to help check out the Facebook Group
- Trail Map.
- If you have ridden the trails at Comrie Croft then please share your experiences and leave a review and or post your pictures and videos to the listing.