Antur Stiniog mountain bike trail centre is a Downhill MTB centre in Blaenau Ffestiniog, North Wales. There are six DH tracks (a blue, 2 red, 2 black and a double black) varying from approximately 1.2 - 2.5km in length. There is also a Jump Park. All set in a rocky, slate packed, rugged and open terrain.
Antur Stiniog is a full on downhill centre so booking the uplift for the day is core. We reckon about 15 runs come in the day pass and that seems more than enough. The set up is a mini bus uplift service with spaced trailers to protect your bike. Also, the tracks are built to cover those just getting into Downhill through to the hardcore advanced rider.
In May 2015 they built a new red graded section with 200 metres of jumps and berms (starting from the summit) called Scrubadub (with 9 jumps!). They also at the same time did some work on the Drafft trail to add more jumps and some bigger features on the top. In Spring 2017 they opened Bendy-G a 400 m black track with over 20 turns.
Y Du (Black)
- The Y DU black downhill run is fast and is peppered with gnarly steep rock sections throughout. The trail is also littered with jumps, berms and is very steep.
Black Powder (Black)
- Black Powder (black) downhill run DH run shares the top 50m of Y DU but then goes down around the other side of the hill. Again rock sections and jumps define this trail.
- 400 metres with 20 turns (hence the name). Built to offer riders a dirt track.
Wild Cart (Red)
- The Wild Cart DH, Freeride run is steep with berms, step downs and jumps. It flows, is fast and is said to be rideable on a 6-inch travel bike.
- The Drafft Red DH / Freeride has a steep roll in through the opening berms, followed by corners, berms, jumps and step downs. Again rideable on a 5-6 inch travel bike. Slightly less technical than the Wild Cart above as all features are rollable.
- New in 2014 this is a smoother entry level Blue run and blue grade trail aimed at the novice Dh rider. You will find flowing turns and singletrack. Less steep and longer than the other tracks. Fun for all levels also and can be ridden on a trail bike.
- The Jump Site is big, fast, full of doubles, tabletops and massive berms.
- An 8-9km blue cross country trail is planned around the Tanygrisiau lake.
- Antur Stiniog is based in an old slate quarry and is run as a social enterprise.
- The new visitors centre, cafe, bike wash and showers open in June, July.
- There is a DH race event being set up for the summer.
- Amongst the activities here are mountain biking (of course), walking, climbing, fishing, caving, paddling and Velorail
- In 2016 they took 2nd place in the iBikeride Welsh Trail of the Year awards.
- If you have ridden the downhill trails here at Antur Stiniog then why not share your experiences and write a review below and or add some photos or vids to the listing.